What information we collect
How we collect your information
Here are the ways of how we collect your information:
Information that you give us: for example, this is the information necessary for you to sign up to your Sourcesanddesign account, such as your user name, password and e-mail address or your social media login information if you wish to sign up using your social media account (as outlined above), this information may also include your photo if you wish to upload it to your Sourcesanddesign account; if you wish to send us a request or any other communication, we will ask for your e-mail address to get back to you with response; note that you can always choose not to provide information to Sourcesanddesign online, even though it might be needed to create your user account, to make a purchase or to benefit from any other features we have;
Information that we collect automatically from your use of our services: certain information about users can be gathered automatically and stored inside log files. Examples of information we automatically collect and analyze include Internet Protocol (IP) address, Internet service providers (ISP), computer/device and connection information such as operating system and platform, browser type and version, location and time zone information, website navigation information, projects data on the projects that you’ve created using Sourcesanddesign, google analytics.
We use this information exclusively to analyze user experience and trends, to administer the site, to track user movements around the site as a whole to improve the services provided. We do not link this automatically-collected data to any personally identifiable information.
How we use your information
For example, we may use information we collect to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions; to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our website and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service. When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
We use information collected from cookies and other similar technologies to monitor and analyze Sourcesanddesign project usage and trends, and to personalize and improve Sourcesanddesign project and our users’ experiences on our websites, such as providing ads, content, materials, or features that match users’ profiles or interests, and to increase Sourcesanddesign project functionality and user friendliness.
We will process your personal data for the following reasons:
- you have given us your consent (for example, when you share your details for particular purpose);
- we need it to perform a contract with you;
- your information is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, provided that this does not override any interests or rights that you have as an individual (for example, providing high standards services, responding to your requirements etc.).
How we protect your information
Sourcesanddesign attempts to protect your information against the loss, misuse or alteration. Sourcesanddesign has implemented appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information. Your information (including personal information) can only be accessed by our authorized employees or consultants or the concerned group entities that need to have access to this data in order to be able to fulfill their given duties, with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation.
How long we keep your data
We generally keep your personal data for as long as you wish to use our services as a registered user and to deal with your further communication if any. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
Information sharing with third parties
We may share your information with others as follows:
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our website or our services;
- when you give us your consent to do so;
- with our affiliate program partners who embed our online services on their websites for user-tracking and analytical purposes;
- with third parties in the context of acquisition of transfer of any part of our business or in connection with business reorganization;
- when it is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities.
We may publicly share non-personally identifiable information with third parties to show users statistics and analytics of our services. However, we never transfer your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use.
You might be interested in inviting random people, whom you do not know but with whom you are interested in communicating through our services. In this event, please make sure you truly wish to share any of your information or data with such person. Once you provide your information to such person, we will not be able to guarantee that this person will not use this information against you or misuse it in any other way, and we will not be able to prevent such misuse. Once any information is provided by you directly to any person, we are not responsible for any consequences which may arise.
What choices you have
You can exercise at any time any of the following rights with respect to our processing of your personal information:
- Right to access your information: you can ask us whether we are processing your personal data, and if so, you can request access to it and information as to how we use and store it. You can also request a copy of your personal data that we hold about you;
- Right to correct your information: you can request us to correct or complete your personal data that we process;
- Right to erase your information (right to be forgotten): you can ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, if personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or if you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based); note that there are some exclusions where we can refuse your request for erasure, for example, if processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with legal requirements or obligations, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to restrict processing of your information: you can request us to suspend processing of your information (for example, if you think that your information is not accurate or incomplete); there are, however, some exclusions when we can refuse your request to restrict processing, such as the case when processing of your personal data is necessary to comply with legal requirements or obligations, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability: you can request us to provide you your personal data that we process and ask us assistance, where feasible, to transmit of your certain personal data to other party;
- Right to object: in cases when we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests or public interest, you can at any time object it; once you object, we will no longer process your personal information, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling: you can object any decisions made solely based on automated processing of your personal data where such decisions have legal effect concerning you or similarly significantly affects you; you can always ask for such automated decisions to be reconsidered;
- Right to withdraw your consent: in cases when we process your personal information based on your consent, you can always withdraw it; withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal;
Note that if you think that our processing of your personal data infringes data protection legislation, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in particular Member State of European Union where you reside, where we are based, or where the alleged infringement of data protection legislation took place.
Sourcesanddesign understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16 years old. If you are under 16 years old, you may use our services subject to the consent of your parent of guardian.